Adbrite

Saturday 9 June 2012

The Little Touches

It’s All in the Details

Every bride spends hours and hours pouring over the tiny details in her wedding: the colour of the chair sashes, the twinkly flowers on the table names, the diamante scatters across the table – it all has to match and coordinate.

The logo’d photographs were taken by Clive Blair and they are utterly amazing!

My poor husband was dragged from Hobby Craft to Confetti, from wedding shop to flower shop to make sure that we coordinated all our tiny details.

04-07-Wong-016

My bridal shoes are probably one of the tiny touches that no one really saw, so here they are! I bought them in 2007 from China, they were custom made and I even designed them myself!

And my tiara, one of my favourite pieces from the wedding. I think I’ll keep it forever and wear it when I feel sad just to cheer myself up. It’s so beautiful!

04-07-Wong-073

My bouquet, a freestyle hand tied bouquet of white Phalaenopsis orchids and lilac freesias, with foliage which included asparagus fern, rosemary and bare grass loops and trails. The stems were bound with ivory satin ribbon and was studded with diamantes.

I chose orchids in my bouquet to link to my husband’s Chinese heritage, and freesia’s were my Grandmother’s favourite flowers. I had rosemary in my bouquet as it is supposed to have a calming effect, I should have sniffed it a bit more I think!

04-07-Wong-154

During our wedding ceremony, we asked for the choir to be present. They were tucked away behind the altar and might not have been visible to everyone. They were a lovely touch to our wedding, singing the hymns with us and singing during the signing of the register. It was so atmospheric! 

04-07-Wong-269

The chauffeur presented us each with a glass of champagne, or sparkling wine at least, which was a total surprise! I’ve seen other brides and grooms with a glass each, but I had no idea that we’d have one! That was a really nice surprise.

04-07-Wong-272

This is one of my favourite photos, our wedding rings. Everyone did ask to see our wedding rings, but this photograph shows them off to their best, I think.

04-07-Wong-109

Our confetti, which I bought from Shropshire Petals, was so pretty and also eco-friendly! It was a really nice touch to the day and looked fabulous on the photos!

04-07-Wong-402

I love this photo of the top table, showing all the little touches and bread waiting for us on the plates, all our table settings and the favours, the top table flowers too!

favour 3

The table confetti! My little brother made the double happinesses for me, using a paper stamp and some pretty purple paper I found in Hobby Craft. This is a traditional symbol the Chinese use in weddings, it represents a happy couple together.

I bought the diamantes from Amazon, using an assortment of colours and sizes of glitter.

table plan

The table plan I made myself, except that I bought the frame. I used the same wall paper that was on our photo wall to continue the theme, and used the same ribbon and card that I used on the place names, to continue the theme. It took me all day!

04-07-Wong-395

One of my favourite keep sakes from the entire wedding, our guest book. We had so many lovely messages from everyone and it was such a nice way to remember everything. Also on the card table was the cardboard wedding cake the kids at work made for me, and some of their cards, too.

04-07-Wong-407

My bridesmaids and I filled the wedding favours and I made the place settings. I bought the Chinese fortune cards from Amazon, and they were a really lovely talking point.

04-07-Wong-629

Our photo booth is probably the largest finishing touch but it went down really well and we had quite a few visitors! My husband built the wall from scratch to his own design and it was absolutely fabulous!

04-07-Wong-411

My absolute favourite finishing touch was our cake topper. It was made  by Artlocke Designs and it was just perfect. The attention to detail was amazing, and I think it looked just like us!

The cake topper was a real talking point, everyone who came to the receiving line said how good it was, and now it is on our shelf as it was made from clay. I’ve arranged it with my tiara as an ornament.

Those were the little details at our wedding. There was also the first dance, but I think that needs a blog post all to itself!

Please leave a comment if you have any questions about my suppliers or venues, or anything at all! Or you can follow this link to send me an email.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful wedding. All things are so nice and beautifully decorated, especially the table confetti. More accessories and ideas for decoration can be found from Chair Cover Depot. Visit: www.chaircoverdepot.co.uk.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This wedding looks great! The colors and the flowers, everything looks so classic chic! Planning a wedding and everything entailed is really hard and stressful so I applaud the bride for choosing such great things! Awesome!

    Damask Tablecloths

    ReplyDelete