Adbrite

Tuesday 5 June 2012

What You’ve Been Waiting For

Our Wedding

On a wet Saturday in April, I married my husband. After nine years of relationship and two and a half years of planning, we tied the knot!

And it was the most magical day of our lives.

04-07-Wong-559

Before I continue, I want to say a big thank you to Clive Blair, our amazing photographer for letting me use these photos in my blog. I was totally blown away by the photos and am really looking forward to sharing them with you.

The day didn’t start well. I’d not been feeling well for a few days before the wedding and I was starting to feel worse! I’d not had much sleep and the makeup artist arrived at 7am, but we were all excited!

04-07-Wong-034

One of my bridesmaids slept over with me at my parents’ house, and another arrived bright and early to get her hair done. By 10:30 everyone had arrived and the bridesmaids were almost ready!

I wasn’t!

I was running late and all I could think about was my poor almost-husband waiting at the church for me, I knew he was very nervous.

04-07-Wong-008

04-07-Wong-016

04-07-Wong-048

But eventually, I was ready! I even managed to capture a few snaps with my parents before we left for the church…

04-07-Wong-100

I couldn’t wait to see hubby at the church, to see him all dressed up and looking smart. I couldn’t wait to see everyone! Dad helped me out the car and I started peeping over the bridesmaids’ shoulders to catch a glimpse of my husband-to-be!

04-07-Wong-107

The drivers waiting out in the rain to take me to the church..

04-07-Wong-118

The gents all dressed up in their finery…

04-07-Wong-129

Trying to keep my dress out the rain!

04-07-Wong-131

I’m peeping over their shoulders to try to see my future husband!

I had to keep breathing deeply, I was so excited and nervous and then the music started up. The bridesmaids went first, then the vicar and I followed after with my dad.

04-07-Wong-138

And then I looked up and saw my new husband’s smile gazing back at me and my heart melted.

04-07-Wong-140

The most memorable moment of the entire day was looking into my husband’s eyes and saying our vows.

04-07-Wong-147

My cousin and my best friend read our readings for that day, and they were brilliant, very touching.

The first was an Apache blessing and it goes like this…

Now you will feel no rain,04-07-Wong-151 - Copy
for each of you will be shelter for the other.
Now you will feel no cold,
for each of you will be warmth to the other.
Now there will be no loneliness,
for each of you will be companion to the other.
Now you are two persons,
but there is only one life before you.
May beauty surround you both in the
journey ahead and through all the years,
May happiness be your companion and
your days together be good and long upon the earth.

It does go on a bit longer than this, but we felt that was enough. My friend read Ecclesiastes 4:9 – 12, which goes like this:

Two people are better off than one, 04-07-Wong-155
for they can help each other succeed.
If one person falls, the other can reach out and help.
But someone who falls alone is in real trouble.
Likewise, two people lying close together can keep each other warm.
But how can one be warm alone?
A person standing alone can be attacked and defeated,
but two can stand back-to-back and conquer.
Three are even better, for a triple-braided cord is not easily broken.

It was the most beautiful ceremony, I wouldn’t have changed anything! The music, the readings, the atmosphere was perfect! Hubby kept saying his lines wrong and making everyone laugh, that was perfect!

04-07-Wong-152

After some photos at the church, we headed to the reception venue, a beautiful old castle-like hotel in Staffordshire!

04-07-Wong-250

And I will write about that in my next blog post!

Please leave a comment if you have any questions about my suppliers or venues, or anything at all! Or you can follow this link to send me an email.

No comments:

Post a Comment