Adbrite

Friday 6 January 2012

Double Happiness Paper Stamp

DIY Confetti

I’ve always wanted to make my own table decorations for the wedding. It was a money saving idea but it’s also a bit of a personal touch.

My h2b is Chinese so I wanted to incorporate that into our very British wedding. The symbol for a lucky Chinese wedding is Double Happiness. As I’ve been to more Chinese weddings than British weddings at this point, I’m fairly familiar with the symbol so it was that symbol I wanted to have at our wedding.

I couldn’t find lilac Double Happiness confetti anywhere so I decided to make my own.

double happiness stamp 2

It was my friend who actually found the stamp for me. I had been looking everywhere but a simple google search found the stamp on Amazon. I had to pay a bit extra to have the stamp delivered to the UK but I think it was absolutely worth it!

double happiness stamp 3

My plan was to sprinkle the Double Happiness on the tables at the wedding reception. H2b told me that 128 is an auspicious number so we have cut 128 Double Happiness's.

The stamp cuts out circles into the paper and then we cut the Double Happiness's out the circle so that they were loose from the paper.

I’m going to scatter them about the tables along with some diamante decorations.

favour 3

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I am searching high and low for this paper punch, but could only locate an inferior looking model with underwhelming reviews on eBay. Will you be willing to sell yours? (=

    If so, please contact me at gracie.lmy@gmail.com

    thanks :) :) :)

    Gracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you a bunch for sharing this with all of us you actually realize what you are talking about! Bookmarked. Please also seek advice from my site =). We could have a hyperlink change contract between us!
    Muslim Wedding Dresses

    ReplyDelete