Adbrite

Sunday 8 May 2011

11 Months to Go

The Countdown Begins

Days to go: 332

photo (1)

Well, lets be honest. Those who know me well understand that the count down began the second that h2b went down on one knee!

I remember the proposal as if it were yesterday, but it was actually 19 months ago. I wanted a long engagement because I was a student when h2b proposed and there was no way we would be able to save up for our wedding while I was a student. As it is, my dad is paying for the bulk of it but we needed to save up to pay our contribution.

It’s strange to think that this time next year I’ll be back at work and the kids will be calling me Mrs Wong. Hopefully.

It sounds different too. Eleven months doesn’t sound like a long time, but three hundred and thirty-two days feels like a really long time.

Almost everything is sorted at the moment, just bridesmaid dresses giving me a headache. I have picked out a dress I like but with four adult bridesmaids and a child, this dress is proving a bit expensive. I would look for a different dress but I’m not sure where to start. It seems like my only option is to look for another dress. One equally as gorgeous as the Alfred Angelo one I found.

What are the chances of finding a dress maker who could copy the dress for me?

Other than that, I’m looking forward to everything falling into place. I need to contact the venue to confirm food choices because when we send out our wedding invitations we’re giving guests the option to choose what they want to eat. So that needs to be done by July. My chief bridesmaid did that for her wedding, it’s strange choosing what you want to eat almost six months in advance of eating it.

And I’m thinking a lot about the seating plan but I can’t really do anything about that until I start getting RSVP’s. I think, for me, the seating plan will be one of the most fun but challenging parts of the wedding. At least I know h2b will help me.

H2b (husband-to-be) has been quite good really. He wasn’t at all interested in the flowers and didn’t want to be involved in that. He’s obviously not been involved in the girls’ clothes, but he has arranged for his best man, who lives in America, to come for a fitting for his suit. He’s also working hard on the honeymoon and the wedding rings. He’s had some fantastic ideas for favours and table names. (We’re going with Disc World table names!) He’s been really supportive and listened. A good start to our wedding?

He’s also put up with me going on and on about the wedding! Definitely a good sign!

No comments:

Post a Comment