Adbrite

Sunday 29 May 2011

Invitations

News About the Invitations!

We have received the dates for the invitations!

We should be getting our first invitation proof to check and see if we like it by late June (which is only a few weeks away now!!!!) and we’ll get the final order by mid-July.

I know a lot of people won’t agree with this but I was thinking of sending out some of the invitations fairly early as we have a significant number of guests who will need to buy flights to get to our wedding.

I’m not sure. If you send them out too early will they get lost? We won’t be able to send out extra invites if they do get lost, but I am working on us having a wedding website which will have all the details on it.

Anyway, I’m excited about getting the invitations. It’ll make the wedding seem a whole lot more real. Actually, with only 10 months, 8 days (and as I write this, 23 hours and 31 minutes) to go it’s seeming fairly real now. H2b is getting really involved and excited in his own way, too.

We are actually struggling over the guest list. With only 108 places and two very large families, it’s really difficult. In a dream world, I’d have booked a venue with a massive space and invite everyone we know! Unfortunately, we are limited by both space and money.

We just don’t want to offend anyone.

But in general, I feel people are understanding and are aware of the outrageous costs weddings entail. For example, I just spent an astronomical amount on a wedding dress that I will wear for one day, but I’m quibbling over 50 quid for a new laptop I will probably use every day for years! It’s almost as if, if it’s for the wedding then it’s ok to spend that amount of money.

But, even so, I am loving every moment of planning the most wonderful day of my life!

No comments:

Post a Comment