Adbrite

Wednesday 29 June 2011

I Don’t Like My Bridesmaid Dress

Solutions?

I’ve been inspired to blog again by a google search titled, ‘I don’t like my bridesmaid dress.’

Being asked to be a bridesmaid makes me go a little giddy. I love weddings anyway, but to be chosen to feature in my friend’s most important day is a fantastic privileged and honour!

However, what if the dress is hideous?

Hopefully, you and your friend have a similar taste in clothes, that’s why you’re friends, but what if you’re asked to be bridesmaid by a cousin or sister?

You all make the appointment to go to the dress shop. Maybe you meet in town and walk in together, looking forward to trying on your new dresses. And you’re faced with this pink monstrosity?

Unfortunately, and I hate to say this, you’re going to have to put up with it. There is no polite or sensitive way to say to a bride, who has searched and searched for the perfect bridesmaid dresses, that the dress is hideous and you don’t want to wear it.

You could hint that you’re not sure the dress suits you, but unfortunately, that’s as far as you can go.

As a bride who has hunted far and wide for bridesmaid dresses, it is difficult to find a dress that fits in with your theme and your taste, and one that you think will suit all your bridesmaids. While I hope that none of my bridesmaids think the dresses I’ve narrowed it down to are hideous, I don’t think I’d respond well if they told me they hated the dress!

So my advice, and you won’t like it, is to put up with the hideous dress. It’s just for one day and you can always have a laugh about it later.

2 comments:

  1. indeed, it is very difficult to find a bridesmaid dress that fits in with a theme or a taste. great advice, by the way! I totally agree with you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are certain instructions and guides are available before choosing your bridesmaid dress. Then you will like your dress. For searching the good dress vendors, the free wedding planner iPhone app is the perfect choice for them.

    ReplyDelete