Adbrite

Sunday 5 June 2011

Wedding Shopping Fun

Exercising the Credit Card

The problem with planning your wedding two and a half years before the actual wedding date means lots and lots of gathering ideas and saving money, and not so much buying things.

But I have been buying some of the things on my Amazon wish list using the money we’ve saved up for just that purpose!

wedding sparkle

The first items I got were a bit of wedding sparkle, some diamanté's for the tables. I got them in clear and purple, as the wedding colours are in purple, and I think they will look fantastic shimmering in the candle light in the evening.

I shopped on Amazon.co.uk, and they were £4.99 for 2600 crystals, I’m hoping that’s a big bag. They come in different sizes. The purple crystals were only £1.38 for 2600 crystals. Bargain!

I also got some favours for my guests, Chinese fortune favours. We wanted to bring an element of Chinese culture into our wedding. wedding fortunes

Each of the fortunes have a different fortune on them, almost personalised for each guest. Each packet has 20 fortunes in it and they came to £4.45. It’s just something nice to put with the favours for our guests to take home.

I also got 100 place cards. That is 10 short of the number we need however I didn’t want to get an extra 50 just because I was 10 short. I’m thinking I’ll have to go to Hobby Craft or somewhere similar (Staples?) and get an extra 10. They’re only plain white place cards so I was thinking of decorating them with a diamanté stars or something similar to make them look a bit more interesting.

Yay!

I like getting things ordered. I should soon get some interesting packets in the post!

Yay!

No comments:

Post a Comment