Adbrite

Sunday 6 February 2011

The First Dance

I think it's important to remember you don't have to have a first dance. If you have two left feet, you're really shy or dancing just isn't your thing, don't have a first dance just because people expect you to, unless you want to. 


I want a first dance, I want it so much my fiancé and I have decided to have dance lessons just to get it right! My fiancé is already a dancer, he does street dance at a local dance studio but I'm a bum wiggler. I need the dance lessons just to keep up with him! I'm really looking forward to starting our dance lessons as it'll also help with losing weight! 


Choosing a song to dance to is difficult. My best friend chose Snow Patrol, Chasing Cars which was absolutely perfect and so romantic. My cousins had Moulin Rogue, Come What May, which was really lovely. Another friend had Yellow by Coldplay, which he told me felt as if it went on for 20 minutes! My brother chose Lets Stick Together by Al Green which was loads of fun for everyone! My fiancé is Canadian so we decided to go with a wedding favourite, Everything I Do by Brian Adams. It's a bit of a cliché but it means something to the both of us and that's what's important.


Top Ten Songs

10, Rule the World by Take That

9, Time of My Life by Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes (more recently by the Black Eyed Peas)
8, Nothing At All by Ronan Keaton
7, My First, Last, My Everything by Louis Armstrong
6, Chasing Cars by Snow Patrol
5, Love is All Around by Wet Wet Wet
4, Take My Breath Away by Berlin
3, I Don't Wanna Miss a Thing by Aerosmith
2, Come What May by Ewan McGregor and Nicole Kidman

And the winner for most popular wedding dance song is:

1, Everything I Do by Brian Adams from Robin Hood Prince of Theives, number one in the UK music charts for 16 weeks in 1991. 


Unusual Wedding Dances
One of the best first dances I've ever seen is on youtube that everyone should have a peek of: Evolution of Dance Wedding. If you can't decide on a song for the wedding, have them all! Do you have a friend who is good at mixing music together? Ask them to do you a mix of all your favourite songs and do a dance to all of them! If you have any friends who are good at choreography or who are dancers, or if you're good at learning the dances to songs, you could have lots of fun at your wedding performing a fun dance at this one. 


Alternatively, you could dance up the aisle



No comments:

Post a Comment