Adbrite

Wednesday 24 August 2011

Wedding Dreams

Or Wedding Nightmares

I have had roughly five dreams about my wedding and only one has been vaguely nice, but that’s probably because I woke up before it went wrong.

161683257_bcc809b05b

The first dream about our wedding was just after h2b and I were engaged.

We hadn’t booked anything by that point so in my dream I turned up to the wedding in the wrong dress, the people we wanted there weren’t invited, h2b was wearing the wrong clothes, I didn’t have any flowers, everything was going wrong so at the end of the dream I walked out!

I had another dream that my mother, my brother and h2b wanted to go to work on our wedding day! My mum has retired but she was a school secretary, however in my dream my mum was Carol from EastEnders and worked in a local shop. In my wedding dress and my veil, I had to go to the shop and ask them all to go to the wedding!

Last night, I dreamt that our photographer cancelled at the last minute (which would never happen) and the photographer we got to replace him was not very good at all! She spent four hours taking photos of me with people I didn’t know! I almost missed all the wedding!

sleepingbride

The only nice dream I’ve had about our wedding was a very short dream. I was all dressed up in my dress with my veil on, standing outside the actual church in which we are getting married! The bridesmaids were ahead of me, ready to walk down the aisle. My dad was getting out the wedding car and my heart was pounding! I remember taking a deep breath, and a few steps forward… and then I woke up!

Does it mean anything?

I don’t think dreams mean anything. They are a random collection of images as your brain sorts out what memories are useful and what can be discarded while you sleep. The random images are put into a narrative by the natural creativity of the human brain.

However, Clarity say ‘when you dream that your wedding day goes completely wrong, this reflects basic discord within you, and probably with your present way of life.’

Interesting.

bride_sleeping_on_sofa_42-17697615

Bella Online says ‘if you are having nightmares about all manner of things going wrong, let me assure you that it really is only a dream--not a harbinger of some wedding horror on the horizon. I can't promise you a completely smooth ceremony but I can guarantee you that you won't show up at the altar in your birthday suit! Brides to be often have all manner of terrifying dreams about their upcoming ceremony. These dreams are simply reflections of the anxiety surrounding the event--anxiety about the event itself or anxiety about taking such a huge leap into the unknown.’

A bit more realistic!

Article Bliss.com says about my wedding nightmares, ‘Most brides-to-be and also grooms dream about their weddings. Mostly, they dream about the ceremony going wrong or something being forgotten. These are the types of dreams that are busied in some very well grounded fears about the future. This is an example of a dream where anxiety about putting together a real life event can transfer itself into your sleeping hours.’

I don’t think I’m feeling anxious about our wedding… I feel like a bottle of fizzy pop, I’m very very excited. And if it does go wrong, at least I’ll be marrying the most wonderful man in the world!

images (4)

I’d be interested to know if other brides are having nightmares about their weddings. Drop me an email and share your dreams, and I may feature them on the blog!

Also, if you would like me to feature your wedding on my blog, email me some pictures and your wedding story, but make sure you check you have the copyright for your photographs.

No comments:

Post a Comment